Saturday, August 15, 2009

There is so much to share with you! This is my first post on my NEW blog. I hope you find this informative and fun.

My first post will be a little background about me if you are not familiar with me and my stories.

Someone once told me that I am "living in a soap opera world". That was 17 years ago. If foreshadowing was ever so true, then that comment and the events that have transpired since then, prove it.

Just a few bullet points to highlight my life and the roller coaster I've been on:
  • I'll be married 10 years next month.
  • I have 3 kids.
  • I have one stepchild.
  • I've had a rare form of breast cancer at the age of 26.
  • I've had a lot of health problems which has inspired me to educate others about cancer, nutrition and breastfeeding.
  • I am not exempt from the trials and tribulations of marriage.
  • In the midst of kids and cancer, I found God.
  • I home educate my 3 kids and support and inspire others who want to do the same.
So what does disciple mean?

The textbook definition is:

dis·ci·ple (d-spl)
n.
1.
a. One who embraces and assists in spreading the teachings of another.
b. An active adherent, as of a movement or philosophy.
2. often Disciple One of the original followers of Jesus.
3. Disciple A member of the Disciples of Christ.

My goal is to help teach others from my life experiences and have fun doing it!

So come back, bring a cup of tea and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. It's going! I have lots more work to do, but it's coming together. Thanks for asking! I'll have to give you a copy to help edit if you're up to the task.

    ReplyDelete